|Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Ferrara.
The branch of mathematics in which I am most interested is Algebraic Geometry, especially in:
- the birational geometry of projective varieties: rational, unirational and rationally connected varieties;
- Mori dream spaces, Fano and log Fano varietie, Cox rings;
- moduli spaces and moduli stacks of curves and stable maps;
- conic bundles and Calabi-Yau structures on projective 3-folds;
- toric, wonderful and spherical varieties;
- varieties of sums of powers, secant varieties and secant defectiveness;
- identifiability and decomposition algorithms for tensors and polynomials.